Lackawanna Lodge 1A
About the name Lackawanna: Lackawanna Gulch is south and west of Mount Elbert and it was there that prospector Robert Jeffery hit it big in the 1870’s. After returning to town and bragging about his good luck he feared that someone may “do him in.” Jeffrey camouflaged his mine before returning to his home in Missouri. Before he could return to Leadville he died, leaving only a sketchy map of the location of his mine. Some years later Jeffrey’s nephew tried unsuccessfully to follow the map and locate the mine.
Regular Season 2018 – $190
Jan 16-Feb 15
Feb 20-Mar 4
Mar 27-Apr 2
Jun 8-Aug 7
Aug 21-Sept 3
Winter/Summer Prime Season 2018- $228
Jan 12-15- M.L.K
Feb 16-19- President’s Weekend
Mar 5-26- Spring Break
Aug 8-20 – Races
Holiday Season 2017/2018 – $285
Dec 21, 2017- Jan 2, 2018
Value Season 2017 – $158
Apr 3-Jun 8
Sep 5-Dec 20
- The occupancy limit of each unit is listed. Any violation of these restrictions will involve additional charges.
- All rates are subject to 8.8% tax.
- Minimum 3-night stay during Spring Break, Christmas & Leadville “100” Races.
- In Regular Season Only a 10% discount applies for stays of 3 nights or longer.
- Ask about group/multiple unit rates and on stays of 4 nights or longer.